Born in 1964, Mr. Parvez Ahmed joined the bank in 1998 as Company Secretary. Rising through ranks swiftly he became General Manager (President) in 2006. Since 2011, he was Executive President of the Bank.
His areas of expertise and experience include Strategic Planning, Corporate Governance, Compliance, Risk Management; Credit Management, Treasury Operations, Bancassurance, Finance and Taxation.
Well versed in the bank’s policy matters, he has worked closely with all the Chairmen of the Bank from 1998. Heading business operations at zonal levels in the state earned him rich experience not only in strategic planning but business operations as well.
Heading the Investor Relations Department since 1998, he has got superb rapport with prominent Foreign Institutional Investors (FII’s) across the world resulting in creation of the Quality Investor Base and increase in FII’s shareholding of the bank to 34.92 pc. He successfully managed the bank’s maiden public issue earlier in his career.
Credited with initiating and guiding the Apple Finance project which transformed the financial landscape of horticultural sector, he has also successfully accomplished all the targets despite difficult conditions under PMJDY- the flagship scheme of Central Government.
Considered as an efficient task master inside the bank can be one of his biggest strengths as chairman in coming times. His other strengths as a good leader include patient listening, keen observation, affable personality and decisive action.
Despite the disturbing legacy of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs), complete breakdown of life and economy across the valley for last three months and the sluggish pace of economic recovery in the country; Mr. Parvez Ahmed remains poised to face the challenges with matching patience and perseverance.
- Senior most banker in the J&K Bank
- Expertise in Strategic and Operational planning, Credit Management, Core Governance, Compliance, Treasury Operations, Risk Management and Investor Relations.
- Pioneer in introducing global best practices in management systems.
- Overseen the integration of technology with business processes for better customer focus and efficient risk management.
- Initiated and guided Apple Project, one of the most successful financing projects of the bank in recent times. (Appreciated even in Harvard Business School publication)
- Managed to accomplish all the targets under PMJDY Scheme.